Builder (devs, designers, marketers) Hub

Just to reiterate these docs were all before I was aware of maidsafe and I was trying to allow both closed and open sourced projects to start with a tool like this. In essence it was a startup network. Now I don’t see any reason to not use public github or bitbucket repos (or some distributed SAFE repo) for everything if that is the desire of the project’s developers. If they want to do more of a closed sourced app then I’m guessing they would not use the builder hub as I’m proposing.

This is the super simplified picture…

With the advent of safecoin as a payment method it allows things to be entirely open and transparent. I log onto the system and see all the projects that people are involved with who are looking for extra hands on deck. I find something that intrigues me, look through the feature requests/tasks and sign on to do some work. I either pair up with an existing contributor or do some work and submit a pull request of my fork. It is reviewed by current contributors and if included I receive the estimation points for that task/feature. That user is now an official contributor.

Estimating complexity points can only be done by existing contributors (those with a real stake in the success of the project) and will probably have to follow some type of Meritocratic weighting system. The votes by those that have contributed the most will be more heavily weighted than those of new contributors.

Voting on what features we will work on (the iteration theme builder aspect) will also be done only by contributors, though we will see what the entire community wants with some other voting tool. One of the beautiful things about using safecoin is that project members can really focus on what brings true value to the project. Meaning, as a project member I will have a vested interest in not diluting down my % of rewards for features that don’t really add a ton of value to the vast majority of users.

I’m rambling a little because I’m really excited to help make this happen…