Broadband Reclassified to Title II

@happybeing, you’re right there where they want you to be - looking up to the EU’s central planners to “organize competition” for you.

I am sorry I have to repeat my earlier question, but how come competition doesn’t work only in those exact places where the central planners aim to “organize” it?

That to me looks like a self-contradicting statement.

What laws & regulations are there for MaidSafe that (would) make it distort competition with Storj?

What is it that could prevent a Storj user from using a simple shell script to move all his data to MaidSafe (and vice versa), regardless of which one is for profit and which is not?
Of course, service providers (farmers) are for-profit in the both systems, and it would seem to me all of them are greedy enough to buy MAID rather than shares in the profit-rich telcos.

Tell me what kind of competition-creating regulation do you propose for MaidSafe, Storj and other digital storage services?
Do you think MaidSafe should store data access logs, identify its users and build backdoor into the system (like the freewheeling telco capitalists have to do)? Who should pay for that and why?

Every regulation is redistributionist in nature. That’s the whole point!
Why would anyone bother to make a new rule or law if it doesn’t tip the economic scale?

You can hold your opinion, but what you’ll see is higher prices for all because after this kicks in, power users will be subsidized by casual users (https://forum.autonomi.community/t/president-obama-my-plan-for-a-free-and-open-internet/2114/6).

Sadly noone has learned anything from the debacle of Obamacare, to mention just one example of recent government meddling in economy.

1 Like