Boots on the Ground - Alpha 2 campaign

Don’t have to add me really, thanks for doing this real work in the real world. It’s way more valuable than to just talk about stuff, hope you reach a lot of people (who knows you can start your own SAFE Network meetings as a result).

4 Likes

These 13,000 posters plus the other 4,000 total of 17,000 :wink: will be enough for the next 2-3 months so if more come they will be for subsequent campaigns…

6 Likes

I will post information on a weekly basis, I hope so…

5 Likes

I can not connect with @whiteoutmashups for a whole week, so I lost patience and made a poster:

pdf ENG version

png BG version

14 Likes

You are right, of course, but it is important to note that this poster will be placed at the entrance to your apartment. It’s not like seeing it on the street somewhere…

Plus I want it to have as little as possible text on the poster, so to be beautiful and not to be removed by the people.

3 Likes

Perhaps you can check out how a QR like this one looks like on it, maybe at a corner:
SAFE Network QR Code generator

(just in case you weren’t aware of it, and it came out from this community on this thread)

9 Likes

Thank you, however, to note that QR codes are not popular in Bulgaria and I will not put it on the Bulgarian version, but English is ready if someone wants to print it:

pdf ENG QR code version

12 Likes

Perfect my plan worked :joy: :joy: (jk)

Didn’t know my contribution was expected within 2 days, have several responsibilities that would have made that aggressive timeline impossible.

Glad you went ahead early with it.

If you still need help at some reasonable time I’m definitely always here though. Just balancing everything over here.

Great job :+1:

7 Likes

Hi Will, I know you’re busy, but after you did not even reply briefly to my personal message I decided to act … after all, I sent you a PM 10 days ago.

If you decide to make a better poster of course I will be happy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello friends :slight_smile:

the posters are not printed yet, but I made 5000 flyers which I will hand out at universities, business parks, and so on:

For the text I used this @dirvine post: How would YOU market the SAFE Network to the general public?

Total Posters: 2820
Posters this week: 186
Total Time this week: 12h 51m
Total Distance this week: 43.54 km
Proof of work 19 : https://photos.app.goo.gl/ugyYw6YzkH8HTyrCA
HeatMap: Log In | Strava

September 28, 2018 8.9 km Ride Activity on September 28, 2018 by Safe Network B. on Strava
September 30, 2018 9.8 km Ride Activity on September 30, 2018 by Safe Network B. on Strava
October 1, 2018 8.6 km Ride Activity on October 1, 2018 by Safe Network B. on Strava
October 3, 2018 https://www.strava.com/activities/1881274360
October 4, 2018 https://www.strava.com/activities/1883569694

I finished translating @JPL guide for Alpha 2 in Bulgarian. So JPL I’m sorry to tell you that your cat is no longer the best one on the SAFE Network :frowning: :
http://safenetwork.bg/safe-network-alpha-2/5/

39 Likes

I’ll second that.

Amazing work there. Would not surprise me if your town/city will be one of the early adopters of SAFE compared to any other town/city.

Love your kitten. Did you call it Ace or did you call it Spades? It looks as black as our cat and my son called it Spades.

10 Likes

I’m here for the long walk, so I’ll see that done :stuck_out_tongue: Initially I do not expect a big effect, but quantitative accumulations lead to qualitative changes :wink:

It’s called Ashi, the most gentle kitten that I had. Of course it wakes me up at 4 am… :smiley:

14 Likes

Very inspirational to watch the commitment. Yesterday I got a thought in my head if maybe it could be possible to do a community world wide Zuckerberg marketing 2.0 in the future. The marketing of facebook by introducing the social network on universities was in my opinion genius low cost marketing, alot of mostly young people in a high density area of universities with alot of social interactions and an eager to learn and explore new things. Maybe a SAFE-network alpha 4 with Patter could be the next Zuckerberg marketing strategy reborn. :slight_smile: Just me thinking out loud by inspiration of your work @Dimitar.

12 Likes

I think we all are both humbled and inspired. Every single one of us can be the very thing that makes this all work, from doing some code, writing an article (looking at you @goindeep and others), doing talks (so many) and there is one single thing all of the people who may make this work have in common. A positive attitude coupled with a get it done approach to things. I doubt it will be the negative opinions that will push this over the line, but real belief and an honest days work that will get it done.

The critics who provide nothing but critique can bask in the glory of their overwhelming nothingness and watch while they put cream on their own shoulders after patting them so much in self-adoration.

It is always gonna be the do’ers, the triers, the crazy ones, the people who break the rules, follow their dreams and most of all smile all along that path. These people like @Dimitar and many many more are what will give this project such a great chance of success. I believe the real marketing is this, honest and simple ways to get the message out there. It’s not rocket science, it can, of course, be criticised by the weaker minded types, but 100% it works and most of all it can be so much fun and positive energy for many of us. Just reading this thread is really a boost of energy for us all to keep going.

Thanks again @Dimitar your boots are definitely on the ground and I hope many follow you.

36 Likes

Thank you, @dirvine!

When one stands in front of something as big as the SAFE Network, he can only say “If I win, I win for all mankind - if I lose, I lose only myself”

It is indeed humbling to be part of something so great and that you can contribute…

22 Likes

The posters are ready, I’m happy how they sit :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Who can tell us if we are getting much in the way of traffic and or any actual interested technical folks coming in from these flyers? Would be great to know.

2 Likes

Hello @goindeep , with the next update, I will also post visit data on the Bulgarian site.

In the forum we have one registered confirmed: Introduce yourself - #660 by Simo

But it is still important to note how poster advertising works. When people see something new for the first time, they usually consider it nonsense. Even the most brilliant of us tend to be wrong for things that never existed before, see this post by David regarding bitcoin What’s up today? (Part 1) - #644 by dirvine

So at first the new is rejected. But then you see a second poster for the SAFE Network - Alpha 3 version, later for Alpha 4, and you think “I know this… let me look again”…

And one day you will see poster “Earn money with the free resources on your computer on the SAFE Network!”. But this time it will not be something new for you and you will check it out… I hope :stuck_out_tongue:

So perseverance is important, discipline is important, this is a game of numbers. Maybe it will take years before we see big growth, but it is important that one does what he believes and I believe in the future of the SAFE Network!

16 Likes

I actually saw that one on my door, in mladost 1. YOU SPAMMER.

14 Likes

Not with an “all out massive action” > direct marketing, offline > online, approach.

That’s what direct marketing is for , time compression , so you end up with a big footprint/network effect in 2-5 years, rather than 10 years, to decades with traditional (still highly valuable and needs to be done) methods alone.

And (as you say) just wait until we can dangle “The Carrot(s)” in front of people, with
so many opportunities stemming from farming/ App development it will make peoples heads spin round and round like a helicopter.

Maidsafe and community marketing + Direct Marketing = Energy = Take the market away, quickly.

I will definitely be joining in.
Thanks for all the great effort, taking it to the streets! :sunglasses:

8 Likes