Blockchain's killer app is bitcoin, the rest is mostly 'pure marketing', says MaidSafe's David Irvine

We got these guys here now as well :sweat_smile:

The co-founder of blockstream is one of the inventors of segwit and see what those bastards did!

1 Like

Which wallet are you using? Also wallets are really bad at estimating fees.

It’s not from a particular wallet, more my impression of the costs from use of different ones and reports by others. Obviously it varies and is up to you what you pay, depending on how loaded the network is and how valuable a fast transfer is for the particular transaction. If you have any tips, interested to hear them.

2 Likes

Trezor only made me pay like 30-50 cents during my last (segwit) transaction, and even they suck at estimating fees correctly most of the times :slight_smile:

You can also so check https://bitcoinfees.21.co

Really depends on who is reporting this :wink:

1 Like

This sounds like free money. Most of the people I know doesn’t turn off their pc. Cybercafe with idle pc during cold hours can earn extra too.

4 Likes

What do you think of MONERO? It claims to be decentralized, secure and anonymous. It’s in use on darkweb markets as I understand…:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

I’ve read that The Pirate Bay tries to install and run a Monero ‘miner’ if you’re visiting their site.
Which results in a slower system of course.
It will be a good thing should the incentive to do that disappear, because of the success of the Safe network.
But this a bad example: the Safe network could be a better alternative for Monero, but even more so for The Pirate Bay.
And in that situation hackers will try to sneakely install a Safe Vault instead of a Monero miner on your system.
But I think they will probably earn less money with such a Vault then a miner?

Pretty much for the home users who keep their computers on all the time. But a lot don’t too.

3 Likes

There are fewer transactions on weekends, so that is a good time to get some cheap transactions in. If you are sending to yourself (sweeping up some dust, moving to Segwit address, etc), you can also try to really low ball the fees if it isn’t critical if or when the transaction confirms. Let’s Talk Bitcoin had a good episode on fees and fee estimation a week or two ago.

2 Likes