Bitnation - Governance 2.0 on the Blockchain

This just happened:

[Here are their letters of resignation From Bitcoinmagazine][1]

Heee wow I actually posted this, since when do I become a part of gossip
[1]: Why We Wonā€™t Be a Part of the Bitnation Crowdsale (3 letters from the former Bitnation team) - Bitcoin Magazine - Bitcoin News, Articles and Expert Insights

Oy theyā€™re dithering over not being able to have corporations. Can this get any more pathetic?

Agreed. The blockchain is an authority only on the fact that something was recorded and when, not the truth or equity of the data recorded. Broad acceptance of the mechanisms and what they mean is what would allow it to work, and even then there would be disagreements to resolve. I never said that the plans of Bitnation would work, just that if people want to participate in it voluntarily, then cheers. But in a voluntary society, broad agreements as to how ownership would be established and kept track of will still have to come into existence. I donā€™t know how to do it so I donā€™t mind if people try to figure out something that can be broadly agreed upon.

Regarding Molyneux, he ainā€™t perfect, but heā€™s best understood in context.

The re-engineering weā€™re involved in is towards making hierarchical authority irrelevant. Hierarchical authority has been a central feature of social interaction throughout most of recorded history. Iā€™d call that a very direct and dangerous work of re-engineeringā€“but a right one, I think youā€™ll agree. But itā€™s re-engineering from a defensive tact. Itā€™s not based upon forcing people to do anything by agression, and thatā€™s the difference. Weā€™re forcing the evolution by making good options irresistably tasty. :wink:

I agree, there are a bunch of things in life that are just not meant to be governed.

As long as it is voluntary, I am cool with it (and wonā€™t participate)

2 Likes