BitLaw - Polycentric Law in Crypto-Space (part 2)

Apparently the man has never heard of civil disobedience or a rebellion against the state. No people don’t HAVE to agree or adhere to laws of the “larger group” at all.

But none of these things are WATER. Paying for piping to someone’s house does me little good if I’m living on a houseboat in middle of the ocean or in a mobile home traveling the world. In addition what if I have a house that has self contained water and I don’t WANT to be hooked up to the water grid? Can I refuse to be hooked up to the grid? I remember a case of a woman who had an off grid house and was charged fines for having her water disconnected. Same works for land. None of the things you mention are LAND. So I own land and you charge me tax and it goes back into the community? Um what? But I don’t own anything that my money is paying for and the money is paying for things I’m not nessesarily using. And if land belongs to everyone equally how can you insist you have a right to tax me for using it since the taxes have absolutely nothing to do with the land?

You have the power plant. You possibly have money from selling off assets (I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt here.) But what happens if no one is WILLING to choose to work in the plant? If you did not have money you’d have to rely on volunteer labor. But again you would face the problem of what if people did not choose to give you or exchange you their labor. Which is precisely my point. Taxation is theft because the money you are taking is a result of human labor. So even if you can argue that all the resources and all the land is collectively owned. Even if you could get everyone to get together and create an asset collectively you still could not just insist people give you their money anymore than you could insist that they serve you. Insisting that someone give you a portion of their money is forced labor. That’s what I’m getting at. And obviously there is some disagreement about the whole collective ownership issue.

2 Likes