BitLaw - Polycentric Law in Crypto-Space (part 2)

The state, any state, derives funds via taxation and exerting force on the populace and justifies that by providing services. 1) On SAFE you cannot monitor one’s transactions unless they allow it and therefore taxation will be a CHOICE rather than mandatory for all groups. 2) Fiat currencies are dying, especially those backed by the U.S. dollar. And what with the ubicuous nature of SAFE and safecoin people will be motivated to transfer their money into safeocin to avoid devaluation. 3) SAFE is decentralized. You cannot bomb it. Like it or not at the end of the day SAFE means the end of coercive money aquisition through use of force. It might take LONGER if statists resist but it will happen. Statists will whine and moan about the “unethical action of tax evasion” when in reality it’s just protecting oneself from being robbed. 4) Anonymous comunication will prevent the state from censoring people and combining this with the encryption and security will prevent the state from monitoring them.

These four points ALONE WITHOUT ANY SMART CONTRACTS AT ALL will change the face of politics and society. There is ALREADY an actual war brewing between the U.S. and China because of how China is selling off U.S. debt.

Having smart contracts to enforce social contracts and philosophical ties is a big thing and DOES have real world implications. If you’re a politician and people don’t like your ideology, or think you’re corrupt and start opting out of your system and choosing the other guy that affects your political power and campaign contributions. If you’re a business then obviously your ideology is affects who will choose to work for you or buy from you. So BitLaw will play into not only legal and political standing but also whatever reputation system we build. What is law but a set of rules people agree to play by and if they don’t then there’s a use of force. But then there’s usually a use of force anyway anyone that has significant power against anyone that doesn’t agree to attach to them and play by their rules. And that’s what we call the state be it a democracy or a dictatorship. If it’s a democracy it’s a majority oppressing a minority. If it’s a dictatorship it’s an individual or minority oppressing the majority. What’s the difference? Does passing a 51% vote making hurting someone or violating someone okay? If you have a crowd of people and in the middle of it there’s a child being burned to death is that okay because the crowd AGREES it’s okay? (Yes deliberately offensive designed to provoke emotion and make you THINK! Is it okay to do harm to human beings if it’s what the majority wants?) I think what I’m getting at here is things like the tyranny of the majority vs straight up tyranny and in either case it’s coercion. What bitlaw and smart contracts allow is a better system.

What happens is if someone does not respect a smart contract and ownership then it would be entered into the record. So say I proved I owned a piece of land. I’m happy with my purchase, the previous land owner is happy with their money, I have the deed, it’s all good. If someone comes along and doesn’t recognize I own the land, and the previous owner doesn’t own the land, nor any of the realeste agencies that verified the transaction are correct, and tries to forcibly take the land then it would be entered into the record somewhere that the land was forcibly seized against my will. And if I ever managed to retaliate, either with a lawsuit or with an army then I’d have a record of the incident and be able to claim an ammount of compensation for my trouble; either in money, time, labour, resources or so forth. I think having a convicted offender do something constructive for the victim would be a lot more beneficial than leaving them to rot in a jail cell and wasting resources to keep them there. Also it would ensure that offenses were limited to “crimes” that actually had a victim.

I think if we can’t have an extensive and comprehensive system already in place we need to have really good map making tools. And I don’t mean just GPS mapping tools. I mean topography and symbolic drawings as well. A simple map is better than NO map and can often progress into BETTER maps. A map making app would be a project unto itself but I feel it would be essential for a project such as BitLaw to flourish. And considering we DON’T have satilites we need the next best thing which is awesome tools, decentralization and lots of contribution.

Btw I created a new thread for the map making project.

1 Like