Best place for storing MaidSafeCoins?

Those who say omniwallet can be used to store maidsafe coin are wrong and that you have to convert from bitcoin to omni coin to convert those into maidsafe is also a fraud. When you load bitcoin to omni wallet and buy omni coins from that it shows up temporarily but then disappear. All your coins will be lost. omniwallet.org is just a scam website.

Is there any actual PC wallet or mobile app wallet to store these coins like all other coins? I have been looking around any way to get MAID coins but first I need a wallet which it does not have. How can you store coins when there is no wallet available? How can a virtual currency survive without having a proper wallet?

I use Omniwallet with no issues. Not sure what you mean by “converting bitcoin to omni coins” first. If you have Bitcoin you can purchase MaidSafecoins directly on an exchange like Poloniex, then simply send them to your Omniwallet using one of your receiving addresses.

You don’t need a wallet to store them. Store your maids on a normal bitcoin private key. You only need omni wallet to move them. Just import the private key into omni wallet when you need them, you’ll see the coins with omni wallet where other btc wallets won’t show them. Then you can send them wherever you want.

It says: You don’t have any Omni available to Buy MaidSafeCoin
When I exchange bitcoin to omnicoin from one of the sellers it appeared in the wallet only for some time then disappeared.
So I have not been able to excahnge maidsafe for omnicoins.
I think I am not the first one to whom this happens.
Luckily I experimented with a small amount.

I’m not sure what you are trying to do, but you do not need omni tokens.

You also can’t buy maids with your omni wallet or using omni tokens (as far as I know anyway).

Maidsafecoin can be bought at any of the large crypto exchanges (like Poloniex). It is bought with bitcoin. Maids are just a holding token for safecoin, so maids can be stored on the bitcoin blockchain as a simple alt coin.

I’m not sure where you got the idea you needed omni tokens, but it is not the case?!

If you’re having trouble buying maids then maybe just use shapeshift? I’ve heard it is very simple.

1 Like

There is a desktop app called Omni Core. It is basically the same as Bitcoin Core except that it also supports the Omni protocol. It is an alternative to the Omni wallet website that people are uncomfortable with.
A wallet supporting the Omni protocol is what you need when you are trying to move MAIDsafe coins, since they are Omni tokens.
A note about HD wallets…it can be hard to get the private key for a specific address out of HD wallets. Seems a lot easier to use a non-HD wallet for your MAIDsafe coins.

I use elecrum wallet for storing MaidSafeCoins and other Omni assets, which makes getting the private key easy for any specific address in an HD wallet.

However, I’ve heard that if someone were to get hold of the private key from 1 address in an HD wallet (e.g. you had malware running when copying private key to Omni wallet to send), it would be possible for them to compromise the rest of the addresses in that wallet, making it risky to use multiple addresses in a single HD wallet to store different tokens (unless they’re all moved at the same time).

An omni version of electrum would be great, as I don’t want to host the entire blockchain just to store a few assets with Omni core.

1 Like

Hey Mate

I am thinking of buying a few maidsafe coins and using omniwallet.

If i use my receiving address provided when opening my omniwallet account i will have no problems receiving them in omniwallet ? thats all i need to do?

Yeah, and if you then need to move your coins from the omniwallet you’ll need some bitcoin in your wallet just for the transaction fee.

Make sure you don’t lose your password for the wallet!

1 Like

That’s right, just use the receiving address provided by Omniwallet. Keep in mind the address is a Bitcoin address and MAID is an omni protocol coin. You should also send a small amount of Bitcoin to the same address (say $5 worth) to pay for network fees if and when you want to send MAID out again.

1 Like

It’s not ready at the time of writing, but for anyone coming to this topic from the future, check out the Jaxx wallet to see if they’ve integrated MaidSafeCoin yet.

https://jaxx.io/

2 Likes

hello I have some maid still from the crowdsale. I send some btc from my btc qt wallet so those funds are still safe right?

The maid I bought on polo are stored on openledger. I saw happybeing recommened it some time back but after that I never saw anyone mention it before. Is this still a safe solution or shall I try the omni wallet? dont have much experience with paperwallet and zero with omni so thats why I chose openledger at the time

A paper wallet is simply a bitcoin address that you have never imported its private key into any wallet.

Yes I use it now for factom since they dont have a normal wallet either but I find it somewhat scary since I cant see if my coins arrive but dont want to leave them on the exchange either. So its a bit of a dilemma.
Maid I stored on openledger but a saw that they use sha1? is that allready outdated encryption?

Omni is a paper wallet right? So from what I read I have to go to create a omni wallet send my maid and some btc to there and i’m cool? I can somehow check for my private key in omni?

No.

You can create a new bitcoin address at say bitaddress.org and send BTC and/or MAID to the address. You need to write down (or print out) the address & private key since its not stored anywhere.

Then when you want to send your MAID from that address, just import the private key into say omniwallet and send the MAID. Remember you need a little BTC in the address to send MAID or other omni tokens.

To add to that. The keypair/ private key / have been created offline. Most important part of paper walllet. The bitcoin address - derived from paper wallet xPub - can be then used as watch only address.

I don’t think that was me, I don’t know anything about open ledger!

dont understand the ast part. so you generate a bitcoin adress offline using omni. what is xpub? And how can this address be used a a watch only address what des this mean? where can I watch it?

heh I could have sworn it was you thats why I used it since I know you have a respectable rep here. But clearly I am mistaken then… hmmm not feeling comfordable with openledger at all now

1 Like

ah oke I get it now thank you