Being the most modest/under-hyped coin on the market

Right, with you, thanks for clearing it up!

So, if you were operating a node and were flagged as malicious (even though as far as you knew you hadn’t done anything wrong), is it just a matter of time before you’re trusted again? or is that it? you’d need to create a new Safe account (in order to farm)?

No your node is the vault, if it starts again it will slowly build trust. Node age implements this, trust builds at 1 “age” at a time, but if the node misbehaves it can reduce by 50% a go. So slow to trust, fast to penalise really.

Bottom line nodes can reconnect as much as they want, but to grow trust they need to keep doing well for a lot longer. It’s like wee babies when a node is new, it’s not asked for much and not trusted to perform, but as it “grows” and does good its trusted more.

So essentially it’s just like marriage?

3 Likes

In a marriage, if one acts in a malicious way just once trust is lost forever and you can’t start "“aging” again😵

2 Likes

You must have never seen Jeremy Kyle my Swiss banker friend… this is just ‘our’ way in the UK… :rofl:

“I know he hits me Jeremy, but he loves me…!”

2 Likes

I certainly hope android installables will be readily available as many have TV android devices and many have “smart TVs” running android that have no battery, and always on. They can have harddrives attached (USB usually) and the later ones are the 8 core ARM hybrid devices. Also all the SBCs that use ARM will often look like android and/or linux

Nodes and accounts are two different things. They do not relate to each other. The only thing you may have in common is the wallet address.

And to say what David said another way, the network can only know your node by what your node does, not by what your nodes says it can do. So if your node can do all that is asked of it then the network is happy. If it cannot retrieve some chunks when asked, or does not answer in reasonable time, or disagrees with everything, etc then its seen as not “playing ball” and sent off to the penalty bin for a time or is sent home depending on how bad a player it has been

6 Likes

If you’re penalized fairly badly, will the starting point to rebuild your "reputation’ be worse than a completely new user? In other words, will your standing on the team be worse than a rookie when you re-enter the game? If so, what keeps you from having someone else stand in for you in a different uniform (change your ID, or even PC, then start vault all over)? Will you be aware that you’ve been penalized and by how much? All very interesting and, maybe, not decided yet.

If you are “booted”, then just make sure everything is right and start again. You know check your internet connection etc. So yes often it maybe better to start the node again from “scratch”

But you used the word “user”. Sounded like you think if you run a node then its “status” affect your SAFE account. No it doesn’t, they are unrelated and do not affect each other, They are different components of SAFE and its working. You could have 1000 accounts and one vaults none. And you could have 1000 vaults and one account or none or many. There is no connection. You could even run a vault and have the proceeds go to a friends wallet

I hope so, I hope there is a status for your vault and it shows things like earnings, standing, node age etc

But a lot of things are not decided and will be only after testing and testing and did I include testings

3 Likes

Me too, and seeing it written out like this makes me wonder if that might have some appeal in and of itself? Playing for ‘status’ and rewards can be very addictive and powerful. I can imagine people taking disproportionate pride in their vault status and maintaining green bars and 100% ratings etc. I’d like to see that status display up-front and visible as a positive reinforcement for farmers. Sometimes things like that make more of a difference than the money itself.

8 Likes