Beginner Dummy Guide?

Dear Community,

I am real greenhorn, which is why, I face some issue trying to get safe network set-up. Although I am not “very gifted”, I would like to spend next 5 months with the safe network, so there is potentially time for a certain learning process.

It is really not the case that I didnt look at all of your guides, but I face multiple issues:

• getting safe api playground working
  • opening the example application
  • Is this launcher still needed?- if so it does not work
  • what applies to alpha 2 and what to the previous version
  • what software do I need
  • generally what tools do I need
  • what resources should I look at

The only thing I can offer is that I would create a Dummy Guide with the information I receive.

I looking forward to here from someone.

7 Likes

getting safe api playground working
opening the example application → You need to be logged into the network, for which you need to be Trust Level 1
Is this launcher still needed?- if so it does not work → No, the launcher does not work now. You need the SAFE Browser or the Peruse Browser to log in
what applies to alpha 2 and what to the previous version → Only Alpha 2 is currently working
what software do I need → SAFE browser or Peruse browser
generally what tools do I need → Depends what you want to do
what resources should I look at → 10 Key Facts about the SAFE Network

8 Likes

If it doesn’t work why is it still available for download? Anyone at the wheel? This appears to be a recurring issue. Things change quickly in the SAFE Network world; someone should be assigned to website monitoring/updating so new users are not faced with this frustration.

1 Like

Thank you!

Good to know that I still need the Trust Level 1.

What do you think about having a Safe Network Discord Server, including different channels etc.

1 Like

I don’t know much about Discord. What would be the advantages in your opinion?

DIscord is awesome and most coins are on it… Is there a discord channel?? Link??

Just created safenetwork discord: Discord

I’m pretty sure we do have a discord channel - don’t we @frabrunelle ?

1 Like