Baby Fleming Public Shared Section

Hitting refresh brings up your static bunch of eyeballs - put me right off my tea, so it did.

It lives. So happy to see it finally coming together.

3 Likes

It works! now the performance! when optimization will begin?

It has already begun.

5 Likes

This problem is still there. Browser version v0.17.0-aplha-6.

Could this be somehow related to my HD being encrypted? It at least gives troubles when trying to use Virtual Box.

Firefox works normally.

1 Like

You probably need the CLI but only to switch to the network you are trying to connect, presumably to the shared section? if so, then you need to follow the steps from the first post in this thread to swtich to shared-section network.

2 Likes

Dunno if its related to your SAFE browsing but yes this might well be an issue with VirtualBox. Iā€™ll do a bit of reading and get back to you.

1 Like

Donā€™t think so. Mine is also encrypted and runs smoothly.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not seeing anything that says using an encrypted HD is an issue for VirtualBox.

Can yo be more specific about the problems you are facing?

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Non SAFE support

I just had an run of updates and rebootedā€¦ coming to the browser it suggested there was an update, which is a nice touch but then no indicator of progress; so, Iā€™m just downloading the full new .7 ā€¦ I donā€™t know, if the download in-browser is a diff, which would be ideal but some indication that it is actioning a download would be good (if thatā€™s not been included since .1 that I was on).

@Toivo perhaps check you do have the latest v0.17.0-alpha.7 dropdown [assets] before .6 detail.

1 Like

Now I have alpha.7, same problem still. I donā€™t understand what you mean with:

dropdown [assets] before .6 detail.

Thanks anyway!

Edit: Off to sleep now.

So, I had to reboot earlierā€¦ and Iā€™ve not used safe auth to login
but I seem to be able to uploadā€¦ which was a surprise. free as in beer atm perhaps thatā€™s deliberateā€¦

This is more a query to note rather than knowing it should change:

I wonder there is an oddity that upload of folder sees index.html jumped on by the browser but the same with .htm sees a file list. I donā€™t know enough to be sure but had the impression that .htm is an equal alternate to .html and perhaps should behave the same.

So, these are the same but different end resultā€¦

safe://hello22
safe://hello23

I donā€™t know, if itā€™s important to some or we just understand that only an index.html will be the default that is used for web pages off a domain. Would be simpler with that consistency.

1 Like

.htm was a windows only thing cos windows could only handle 3char file extensions. I dont know if that is still the case

Iā€™ll look at safe://hello22 and 23 after I have my tea,

Great work MaidSafe, feels like a long time ago we had Alpha2.

My site can be found at safe://zero

I have some problems with loading images on osx:

11 Likes

Had the same issue but after a few restarts/reboots it works (update from 0.0.5).

1 Like

Is that a chopper?

Iā€™ll get my coatā€¦

No, itā€™s electrifyingā€¦like Safenetwork! :grinning:

5 Likes

I canā€™t bootstrap from another Windows PC or a Linux PC either. Could it be my router?

Hmmā€¦ consistently unable to log in to shared-vault

willie@gagarin:~/.safe/vault/baby-fleming-vaults$ safe -V
safe-cli 0.11.0
willie@gagarin:~/.safe/vault/baby-fleming-vaults$ safe auth login --self-auth
Passphrase: 
Password: 
Sending login action request to authd...
[2020-04-03T01:36:30Z ERROR safe] safe-cli error: [Error] AuthdClientError - [Error] ClientError - Failed to read response bytes: read error
willie@gagarin:~/.safe/vault/baby-fleming-vaults$ safe auth status
Sending request to authd to obtain a status report...
+------------------------------------------+-------+
| SAFE Authenticator status                |       |
| Authenticator daemon version             | 0.0.7 |
| Logged in to a SAFE account?             | No    |
| Number of pending authorisation requests | 0     |
| Number of notifications subscribers      | 0     |