Baby Fleming Public Shared Section

Try again @Mindphreaker as I only uploaded a new, correctly signed exe to GH a few minutes ago :crossed_fingers:

This may not have been your original issue btw - could have been another issue which I noticed while looking into that.

Note that Iā€™ve tried with the new version I uploaded & Iā€™m able to access the shared-section. I had to use the cli as in the OP to add & switch to the shared-section so make sure you follow those steps.

1 Like

Thanks for the hint. Iā€™ve downloaded the new binaries, deinstalled, re-installed, but same behavior.

Was worth a shot!

Ok, calling any other native Windows users - anyone else not able to launch the new Alpha version after installing it, nothing appears to pop up?

Will need to dig into this more tomorrow.

1 Like

safe:/wave1.digipl
shows nothing :frowning: what am I wrong doing here?

Above without the two /

Try safe://wave1.digipl
but for me that got broken imageā€¦ worked on pressing the refresh button.

The page is, basically, a copy-paste of an existing one and does not collect any data. I just wanted to check which audio formats safe browser supports. (plus the results are the same for everyone).

1 Like

My bad, fixed now.

Iā€™m stuckā€¦

how do I upload files that exist as this group, to make them visible as interconnected normal?

FilesContainer created at: "safe://hnyynywok5qz8y173yeg85khfsyc7xgk3xnuh8ktt5o97o3a8dnotcn75gbnc"
+  ./to-upload/hello/www/favicon.ico  safe://hbwybyddc49peadeqqbpfn75wmitabsoiwsdw7j9spcytb4k5crin6refu 
+  ./to-upload/hello/www/index.html   safe://hbhybyns97ejsb46bryguc345hokaugu9apnfzscakm4keh9kn6zuneby3 
+  ./to-upload/hello/www/style.css    safe://hbhyyyd446wnju9gouch43qfaj1b9eoss4wadnm8yffdnihwu3iuipsd7r 

So, I think it was this that I used to get one page to work

echo safe://hbhybyns97ejsb46bryguc345hokaugu9apnfzscakm4keh9kn6zuneby3 | safe nrs create hello

safe://hello works as an index but not the css - was that the right approach?

1 Like

Sorry for the delay @StephenC, I got sidetracked into the world of SPARQL.

Done.

Looks clean.

Done. safe auth status gives:

safe auth status
Sending request to authd to obtain a status report...
+------------------------------------------+-------+
| SAFE Authenticator status                |       |
| Authenticator daemon version             | 0.0.7 |
| Logged in to a SAFE account?             | No    |
| Number of pending authorisation requests | 0     |
| Number of notifications subscribers      | 0     |

I first tried safe login --self-auth as I think the account has been created. The produced:

safe auth start
Starting SAFE Authenticator daemon (safe-authd)...
mrh@plUto:~$ safe auth login --self-auth
Passphrase: 
Password: 
Sending login action request to authd...
[2020-04-01T16:07:13Z ERROR safe] safe-cli error: [Error] AuthdError - [Error] AuthError - Failed to log in: Core error: Unexpected: Connection timed out when bootstrapping to the network

If I try creating a different account:

safe auth create-acc --test-coins
Passphrase: 
Password: 
Creating a SafeKey with test-coins...
Sending account creation request to authd...
[2020-04-01T16:15:36Z ERROR safe] safe-cli error: [Error] AuthdClientError - [Error] ClientError - Failed to read response bytes: read error

Repeating the above with the same new account secret/passphrase shows that the account was created:

safe auth create-acc --test-coins
Passphrase: 
Password: 
Creating a SafeKey with test-coins...
Sending account creation request to authd...
[2020-04-01T16:18:59Z ERROR safe] safe-cli error: [Error] AuthdError - [Error] AuthError - Failed to create an account: a SAFE account already exists with the passphrase provided

So if I now try to login to this new account again Iā€™m getting the read error rather than the bootstrapping error from yesterday (although the first attempt to login to the account created yesterday did give the bootstrapping error - see first login command above):

safe auth login --self-auth
Passphrase: 
Password: 
Sending login action request to authd...
[2020-04-01T16:22:14Z ERROR safe] safe-cli error: [Error] AuthdClientError - [Error] ClientError - Failed to read response bytes: read error
2 Likes

I cannot immediately see why this would not work. What should it look like locally? Can you point your browser at the local index.html and screenshot that.

As an aside I always put the css files in their own sub-folder and call them in the head with ./css/style.css but thts just meā€¦

YOu did do the upload with --recursive?

You need two commands, first upload your www folder to a FilesContainer:

$ safe files put ./to-upload/hello/www/
FilesContainer created at: "safe://<container url>"

Then link that to an NRS name with:

$ safe nrs create my-nrs-name --link safe://<container url>?v=0

After that you should see all your files with:

$ safe cat safe://my-nrs-name

Because it exists I used instead safe nrs add but now have
safe://hello/hello/www
where I wanted
safe://hello

thought was that add would overwrite createā€¦ anyhow it looks right on the wrong addressā€¦ might try later again the create on a new address.

:+1:

1 Like

No worries @happybeing, Iā€™m convinced itā€™s an auth issue but canā€™t quite figure out what/why. Anyway, got a busy night ahead so Iā€™ll pick up tomorrow :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Should the browser alone be enough for viewing sites, or do I need CLI too?

With only the browser all sites return:

CONNECTION FAILED

Could not connect to the network

There was an problem with the network connection.

Iā€™m on Ubuntu 18.04.

(No hurry anyone, going to sleep now.)

1 Like

safe://hello
safe://heaven

and in theory
safe://eye.eye
but thatā€™s doing something odd atm which might be a symptom of a partial gif download.

Useful perhaps to know if safe://eye.eye works for othersā€¦ thatā€™s not a static and is continuous gif.

Also in case useful to note, I tried create eye.test but failed because name already exists; so, then create eye.test did workā€¦ (option to have done eye.test with add); and thatā€™s right of course but thinking that the first part is the sub domain didnā€™t register at first. So, safe://eye.test is just black background for me but should be identical to the other.

and Iā€™ll put this but do not try at home!.. itā€™s to note how the domain and files is focused:

domain="eye.eye"; files="./www/eye/eye/"; safe files put $files --recursive | grep "FilesContainer created at:" | sed -n 's/FilesContainer created at: "\([^"]*\)"/safe nrs create $domain --link \1?v=0/p'

So, the folder that holds the files; and the domain without safe:// prefix makes the difference.

1 Like

it flickers badly and I think it rotates very slowly?

is safe://eye.test any different?.. should be the same and both appeared to have uploaded without error.

1 Like

flicker rate appears slower?

hmm this may take a whileā€¦

caught it :slight_smile:

If it is partial download, I wonder there is no progress indicatorā€¦ perhaps not simple for a webpage made of many parts but perhaps if something might occur on partial download that is not the full intended that should be a feature?..

1 Like

Iā€™m sure all that is planned - or could be implemented without _too_much bother. Itā€™s early daysā€¦

Iā€™ve never written a progress indicator but conceptually its not that involvedā€¦