Baby-Fleming on LAN with Multiple Servers

Have you tried the version from this post by @StephenC ?

Mods: should this thread be merged with Install script error?

1 Like

Nothing wrong for me, in fact I liked this term. But @Maidsafe doesn’t like it anymore:

You can absolutely use the term node as much as you like, particularly in contexts like this.

It’s just in the front end UX where it is not always helpful, and in those cases we use a verb centered around the outcome for the user.

6 Likes

I’ve got a new term, a decentralized server, or derver for short.
Or just server.
Or perhaps host, peer or station.

That was 5 new names/terms :smiley: :smiley:

It’s interesting when there is a name to be had that the discussions go on forever. Same in house, it’s a part of humanity I cannot work out really. Anyway interesting

1 Like

If it is changed to server I’m going to need a new meme…
:drehb:

2 Likes

What’s a node to the client, if not a server? :stuck_out_tongue:

On it’s own it’s nothing and has no authority :wink: So the network is like a server but individual nodes are parts of a server and on their own carry no Authority. We never trust a node at all.

They can give network authority back to a client, but only if other nodes have agreed to that. So it can relay that authority, but so could any node/email/usb drive etc.

9 Likes

Hi! I started with Baby Fleming version 1 and later updated:

2 Likes

Could I suggest a toggle switch?
I dont use Spotify, but do use sound cloud, I very much like that it plays smilar music after the initial track ends even if from a different author, of course the genre / sub style needs to be smilar.