Fairly new here.
I’ve been doing almost nothing but reading and watching videos on maidsafe and maidsafe/SAFEcoin in my spare time these last few days and here is a short list of things that I as a beginner and non-techi am having trouble understanding.
I think it is good to get this feedback as I would probably encompass much of the larger population of regular technology users.
- Who pays for all of this? I understand the Bitcoin comparison perfectly however Bitcoin was created by a so far anonymous person. Maidsafe is an organisation and Maidsafe are saying that the ‘farmers’ will be paid by the network. I suppose I want to know how? HOw will these transactions take place? And who exactly is paying who and via what platform?
- I have heard there will be 4.3 billion coins. Where exactly did this number come from and why?
- Maidsafe are saying that the whole idea with farmers is to incentivize the economics of the network on a mass scale and again they compare it to bitcoin miners. Yet at the same time they are saying that the benefits of this system will be that the data will be spread all over the world anonymously, decentralized and not in a server model. How can this be true when we compare it to the bitcoin miner, this will mean that in a certain amount of time there will likely only be commercial farms. Take out those farms and you take out the data or at least burden the network… it seems to me that on this level there is no difference and not only this but on the Maidsafe website it says the following “the SAFE network is comprised by utilising the committed and unused computing resources of the users on the network, we call these users farmers.” so im wondering how accurate this statement is especially when we already know based on the bitcoin model that regular Joe farmers will find it impossible to compete for the incentive with the commercial farmer? Adding to this they talk about democratic farming, again Im not understanding this concept and it seems to contradict and bitcoin comparison because we know that people will figure out how to game this system no matter what.
- I saw this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAi2ia94SNQ were he talks about how much of the value is given to the developer, app builder or farmer and im wondering why so little is given to core developers and app builders when these are the guys that will be building the ‘products’ in a sense that will bring people to the network and will give regular joes a reason to use the network. No people, no reason or requirement for farms in my understanding or am I wrong?
- What was the reason for preselling coins? I am not understanding how in this model there is a reason for people to buy and sell a currency that currently cannot be used for anything?
That’s all from me for now.
- Who is this “authority” that will manage the keys of the cryptography security?
- What is the relationship with Maidsafe as a for profit limited company and the network? And how will Maidsafe make it’s money?