Article: SIRIUS Open Source personal assistant, could SAFE Network use it?

http://thestack.com/sirius-open-source-intelligent-personal-assistant-siri-200315

http://jasonmars.org/wp-content/papercite-data/pdf/hauswald15asplos.pdf

2 Likes

Very cool, maybe in the distant future when we also have distributed computing on SAFE such things could be run. It does appear to be quite heavy in load. Distributed computing might actually be the solution to that, but then my wild guess is that responsiveness due to latency might be problematic.

I bet @dirvine has some related grand visions in his head he dreams about at night. :smile:

1 Like

I’m sure there is a way to do it but it’s not easy and no one has yet figured out the best way to go about it. Even without distributed computing it would be extremely useful. Whomever can do it can earn a lot of safecoins.

Where is @happybeing ?

1 Like

off being happy?---- :slight_smile:

2 Likes

probably :slight_smile: GitHub - dirvine/sirius: Sirius: Speech and Vision Based Intelligent Personal Assistant

4 Likes

Unbelievable, You’re always one step ahead. I’m glad we are on the same page.

2 Likes

Something interesting about this to me is that once this stuff in the pubic domain or open source format reaches a certain level of proficiency there is no room for the sponsored interruptions it simply too efficient of an experience. This includes accuracy too, there is no room for the sponsored lie or skewing of the end search results. There’s no paying over and over again for a text editor like Word that got worse for many iterations.

It reminds me of how Watson was per IBM originally a way to make the front of a data base more efficient so that less energy and cost would be spent on a data center. They don’t talk about that anymore, possibly because they’ve been asked not to. But just as useful AI would hold the promise of giving us the results we need quicker and more efficiently these sharper tools cut out the noise and the fat and that includes modal ads and sponsorship interference. In short these empower us and disempower the puffers, its not zero sum but they let us reclaim what was ours to begin with. To be better informed is to be better informed and there is no way around it. Early search was doing this before the sponsored interference. Before bribed search or higher paying sponsored optimized SEO when a ad popped up in reference to a search the potential better informed from the search itself and therefore likely avoided the firm that had to advertise and chose the firm that had the quality and value to skip the ads, undermining the whole sponsor process including sponsored search.

Sony’s strategy of bribing search engines to de-link and de-index (or pressuring them, they were apparently bribing or somehow pressuring public officials with their “project Goliath” targeting google as revealed in one of the leaks resulting in an injunction against a prosecutor when it was revealed) is not new, the were already able to pay to prioritize in the listings which means they paid to de-prioritize other likely more legitimate listings.

1 Like

Still here :slight_smile: [waves]

1 Like