Any links to beta software yet?

Any links to beta software yet?

Sorry dude, the entire code base is being rewritten in pure binary. Come back a little before the end of the decade.

Just f@cking witcha!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

We’re at least a week from launch so stay tuned. Come back this Tuesday for an update on its progress. I wish I could give you an exact launch date but coding a new internet system is far from simple.

2 Likes

Yowza. Sounds alluring : D

The forum is active, the wiki is looking good, the release might be soon. Keeping an eye on this one.

3 Likes

There is a weekly update posted under Development each Tuesday (usually evening UK / GMT time, sometimes during the day). Fingers crossed this week might include an installer for the first public test network. Not beta yet though.

1 Like

Wouldn’t this kind of be considered Beta?

1 Like

This was a local test network only, not sure what the requirements are for calling something a BETA release but it should at least be a global network in my (non technical) opinion.

I won’t squabble over semantics but it’s still some software a person could install to get a taste of what’s to come.

• The alpha phase of the release life cycle is the first phase to begin software testing

• Beta phase generally begins when the software is feature complete but likely to contain a number of known or unknown bugs.

Source: Software release life cycle - Wikipedia

2 Likes

I was looking at that before I responded previously. :stuck_out_tongue:

https://maidsafe.atlassian.net/browse/MAID-1498

:slight_smile:

2 Likes