Any good reason for Bittrex delisting?

Yeah, and I love how they paired that announcement with a change in their terms, saying you can’t sue them or launch a class action lawsuit.

3 Likes

Sascha, people not always act rationally, and thank god(s) for that, otherwise the society would be made of robots. Clearly that was a reaction from the heart, wich shows David passionate side wich I personally appreciate.
Note that following the same logic you shouldn’t have @'ed him…

I still don’t care to see MAID cave to Binance and their ridiculous costs to integrate. MAID should keep their funding for finishing the project and marketing. Now if some rich person in the community funds getting MAID on binance that is their choice, but we still can have trades of MAID on decentralized exchanges if they ever pick up volume + we still have Poloniex, which for all the haters out there still functions about as well as Bittrex does. Its not the end of the world that one simple centralized exchange is dropping MAID(for now). Once SAFE coin is here plenty of exchanges will be excited for the newer tech, and by then I think if some exchanges do cost to get listed, pay the fees at the time we have a product. Without a product and as it stands today our coins have 0 use-case and by my view they are currently a value of 0 regardless of market price UNTIL SAFE is here, so sit back and relax a bit.

7 Likes

Oh man!!! I understand we are at a tough spot, price dropping and Bittrex delisting, not mentioning the higher transaction fees (which was a topic of debate even few days back).But aren’t these times prove who are worthy and patient enough to take the final profit? I mean if we fight within the community who would help us to reach higher?
Yes, with my small understanding, I think we might need an transition but again that needs huge amount of resources and man-hour. The team is more focused on developing right now than hyping and for a project like this it might me the correct approach.
A good exchange is delisting Maid but as per marketing team’s post few new exchanges are coming soon as well. Hitbtc had some bad reviews in past but now they are improving, I am convinced they would do a good job as well. I don’t think exchanges would be an issue.
The main issue was or rather is marketing. Maid always lacked on that aspect but given the marketing team is set up and working on I am sure we would see some drastic result very soon.

On the ending note, the core cause of impatience of the community is the time needed for this project and no measurement of the progress. The weekly updates help but for a layman like me those sounds gibberish and way over my head. Common people are more comfortable with numbers than words. Why don’t the team gives some number associated with the update? I know presenting % to a project like this is hard but take the most underestimated value, say “We are 20% finished for Alpha 3” even when you are at 50%. That small “20%” number can help and convince lots of people.
And to the community, I know lots of you are at loss given the current circumstances, well I am too. But keep the positive approach, the night is darkest just before the dawn. And even if you don’t make a huge profit, why don’t you take it as a charity. We are helping the team to develop something for humanity, for better of the world. Let me share two quotes.

• Whatever happened, happened for the good. Whatever is happening, is happening for the good. Whatever will happen, will also happen for the good.

• We’re kept from our goal not by obstacles, but by a clear path to a lesser goal.

5 Likes

Bitshares/OpenLedger has open.Maidsafe so no need for a centralized authority. If buying on Omni is too expensive (network fees from bcash attacks, IMO…wait for it :wink: then Bitshares/Openledger is the best bet.

If the liquidity is poor and there is real interest PM me, I will happily run a liquidity bot.

4 Likes

If someone wants to be an anchor on stellar there would be easy trading and holding on the stellar decentralized exchange.

Also, why not just create the token on stellar, would safe a lot of liquidity problems.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/KomodoPlatform/status/969173364718886912

3 Likes

i think the BarterDEX team are looking to add OMNI layer tokens as it includes maid and agoras and USDT tether

1 Like

A good article explaining atomic & etomic swaps used in barterdex

2 Likes

Anyone know what time they are delisting maid? Still there now and its supposed to happen today. Thinking about trying to squeeze in another buy in next hour, I am assuming its at like midnight or something?

I will be glad when it is over. It does the team and project no good having this stuff hanging over it. Hopefully, the new exchange will be up soon.

1 Like

Yeah no coins on the cheap really at bittrex relative to market, 0.00000020 btc diff heh. Once it delists guess I will have to get used to the Polo life for awhile unless I wanna get screwed on those other terrible exchanges.

1 Like

So what happened to the coins that got stuck at bittrex.
How many coins were unclaimed or left there by people who did not withdraw?

This will be very interesting, does Bittrex really legally have every right to the coins left on its exchange past the 12 day marker? Is it discussed in the TOS? Its like a massive fraud payday for them to keep and spend all those coins if they do so IMO. I would rather them be burned, less on the market = more scarcity = higher value :stuck_out_tongue: . Hard to believe people would own that many coins and just forget about them like that or not keep up with the news. If Bittrex does end up dumping them on Polo or some other major exchange we may see another large dip to buy into. Or who knows, maybe their ultimate plan was to get a stake in SAFE by dark and sketchy means :wink: .

4 Likes

Can they really do that? Change terms of service with 2 days notice?

1 Like

If that is how they operate (not to say they will or do)
Im glad that we are no longer on there.

3 Likes

That is f*cked up and I hope it is challenged in court. It seems completely unreasonable, considering it is perfectly possible to return them.

Edit: Mark Karpeles of MtGox missed a trick here. He should have just delisted Bitcoin, gone back to game cards and laughed all the way to the bank…

3 Likes

From the Bittrex FAQ

I missed the notification that the token was being delisted. How can I recover or withdraw my tokens?

We generally seek to provide up to 14 days for users to withdraw their tokens after the date that a market or token is delisted. Please withdraw your token from the Exchange prior to the withdrawal deadline. After this date, we will be unable to help effectuate withdrawals from the exchange. As such, users should withdraw any delisted tokens that they have before the withdrawal deadline.

1 Like

Exactly. There are so many sh!t coins listed on Bittrex that they don’t do anything about. When they delist, it generally seems to be for targeted (anti)competitive reasons. I fully expect they’ll be hoarding that stash of MAID.