Any good reason for Bittrex delisting?

Looks like there is no shortage of exchanges…bittrexs loss. When safecoin is top10 they’ll beg it to be listed :blush:

4 Likes

I don’t like ETH, but ERC20 is so damn good.

The BEST feature it has that OMNI doesn’t, as far as I understood, is atomic swap.

Atomic swap let you by a trustless protocol to exchange between currency. If someone doing something not according the protocol, transaction is aborted.

This feature KILLS coin exchanges!

2 Likes

While I do agree, I think the intention was to say “outside of the US”. The same error can be found in the blog here: MaidSafe and Exchanges | by MaidSafe | safenetwork | Medium

Would it make sense to have all official communication from Maidsafe in some format, maybe a Wiki or Google docs or something, that would make it easy for readers from the community to comment on or correct mistypings?

I’m pretty worthless for coding, but I’m kind of pedantic when it comes to natural language and I actually enjoy proof-reading it. (I also enjoy testing software. I guess I’m a weirdo.)

The updates from Maidsafe are generally very well-written, but small mistakes are difficult to avoid. Perfection is a sign of general professionalism. What do you think? Obviously, move this to a different topic if it doesn’t fit here. I just thought the “out with the US” example was a bit funny.

4 Likes

I think this might be a cultural English thing, out with (can be two words or one) means outside: https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/outwith

5 Likes

You are more literate than me Nick, I thought it was a typo too! “Outside” would be clear I think.

4 Likes

Now updated, cheers Mark!

4 Likes

Such a shame, because Bitrrex is perceived as one of the better exchanges.

A new exchange coming soon called Legolas is worth approaching and asking for a listing. They are a kind of decentralised / centralised hybrid with strong design and transparency on the security. If they pull it off it could be an important exchange.

I also feel moving to an Erc20 token would help a lot. Especially with decentralised exchanges because with 0x it is pretty easy to trade between ethereum and Erc20 tokens and also with other Erc20 tokens. It’s also much easier to store your coins using a trezor or ledger.

5 Likes

Not true. Hong Kong exchange wanted to list Maidsafe but because of OMNI it was impossible for them.

2 Likes

It is a Scottish word, when in England I had to change it in reports that I wrote as well. Seems only known in Scotland for some reason. Its a part of the enlightenment that did not go global, it may yet though if we keep pushing it, not outwith the realms of possibility :smiley: :smiley:

14 Likes

Here’s excellent reading material on ERC20 / ETH atomic swaps. If I understand correctly, would immediately give ERC20MAID access to all Ethereum hodlers as customers, which is much bigger than any exchange has ever been.

And in the even immediater-term (how’s that for professional English :slight_smile: ) there’s the ERC20 decentralised exchanges, until these swaps are totally polished up and ready.

I don’t think any of this is on the horizon with Omni

EDIT: Here’s a list of totally functional decentralised erc20 exchanges for instant listing of E-MAID (full list of 7 on the sidebar of r/ethtrader):

Screenshot_20180225-175123

10 Likes

I love your foresight here.

Looking to the future, for MAID.

Need to stay fresh, erc20, in order to attract devs

2 Likes

unfortunately, the dev team is pretty too blind on these options, quite disappointed that the collective knowledge of the team is non-existent regarding liquidity, market and its correlation to success of the project and they are too disconnected to the core of the whole crypto ecosystem to understand the dynamics of the above non-technical factors.

I think this team understands basic coin economics… the merits of this created network are far more important long term to the projects success more so than the price of this temp token. No need to hate on the dev team, I just hope delisting lights a fire under them to kick ass and deliver. Throw on some headphones and jam out and 24/7 code like a monster heh. In the mean time embrace the cheaper tokens. When SAFE coin is $20-$30 dollars a coin it will have paid off.

2 Likes

Bugger it.

So in your head there is no possible scenario where it may actually be pretty much all of us on the forum on both sides of this discussion that are actually the blind ones here?

Just because the route likely to be taken is one you don’t agree with it doesn’t mean the guys behind this project (with likely a tonne more knowledge and experience than you) are blind, nor is their collective knowledge regarding liquidity, market and its correlation to success of the project amiss in any way.

The only person that is disconnected here is yourself by making enormous assumptions about people and what you perceive as a lack of ability.

Ever notice on here how many of the older experienced dudes appear very rigid to some of you and in your eyes appear to dismiss you very quickly. Funny how none of you ever ask you why, it’s just finger pointing saying ‘they say everything’s just too hard’.

There are a bunch of folk both on and off this forum that have had their heads across and involved in both large R&D projects as well as fiscally successful billion dollar software and infrastructure projects in and out of the crypto sphere, that are standing back at the moment with nothing but pure admiration for Maidsafe and how they resist views like yours, and it’s for that same reason they’ll obliterate the crypto space like an asteroid once they launch.

But hey man I guess I should apologise on behalf of myself and all the other numnuts out there who have no idea about this stuff and leave the decisions or is that assumptions up to folks like yourself.

You kill morale both here and with the Devs by posting statements like you did about the Team. That’s what prompted me to post.

You could very well be a financial whizz who’s been there and done it all or you could be a 21 year old bloke in your folks basement, I don’t really know, nor does it really matter, but showing respect for people who flog themselves daily for your benefit should come easily for you either way…or am I making an assumption there?

12 Likes

I made more money than the whole marketcap of maidsafe in crpto investing (investing in hardcore project) and I also has big stake in maid. so, I don’t think guys behind the project necessarily has tons more knowledge and experience than me. I care for the success of the project more than anyone, but my opinion is also a reflection of the market’s view regarding the project. Like it or not, this is reality.

Andddddd you just lost me :rofl:

Go enjoy your wealth my friend, no need to waste your time here on this sinking ship then ay :wink: :laughing:

1 Like

sinking or not, leaving or staying, is really my own call. thank you.

Way too generous, no need for thanking, it was free :smile:

1 Like

So full of yourself. Just because you made money doesn’t mean you have a monopoly on intelligence about coins/investing.

There are a number of people having millions and driving fast cars because they got lucky on BTC rising to 1200 years ago then rising to 20K recently. All they did was having BTC when the price jumped. So having made money doesn’t indicate having or not having better knowledge in crypto.

So get off your high horse and deal with other people not bowing down to your “superior” knowledge.

And as to bagging the dev team. It bloody well isn’t their area to deal with and have no reason to deal with it. So your attacks are not even aimed at the right people. The person(s) to deal with this are the dealing with it, just not to your liking.

sigh

4 Likes

as if developers don’t really need to care about the market/liquidity/valuation/investors sentiment, then why the heck you develop a crypto project ? without concern of a valuable token (in monetary form), crypto is just a useless piece of shit database. You have no knowledge regarding the economic incentive and important moneyness mechanism of a crypto project. Pathetic that the community is full of non-sense, ignorant tech purists. Go back to your basement to code forward a new Internet and good luck.

You people don’t even understand that we rank at No. 8 a year ago and now at 101th, now you need a $6.5bn marketcap to get to No.8, Maid need to catch up 45x to that level, so we underperform the market by 45x. Isn’t it reasonable that we as a community should learn something from this instead of blaming market craziness?