Ant Technology

(SAFE)
SecureAccessForEveryone

powered by

(ANTS)
AutonomousNetworkTransferSystem

3 Likes

I’m gonna make that my bumper sticker!

Going forward, should we use “Transfer” instead of “Trust”?

2 Likes

I like the Trust concept, but it doesn’t fit too well. Transfer is too open-ended, I think.

How about “Transaction” as in

“Autonomous Network Transaction Security”?

1 Like

Yeah, Trust is a nice concept but didn’t fit too well.

I do like Transfer because the whole network is about data transfers. That data: pictures, video, text, audio, email, websites, and safecoin… are all anonymously/autonomously transferred between users.

If the SAFE Network was only crypto currency, I would say “Autonomous Network Transaction Security” would fit better in that case.

Hmmm…

Anonymous Network Transfer Security?
Anonymous Network Transfer System?

I see that Transaction can more easily relate to safecoin, but actually the whole system works because all transfers of data, storage, etc., base off the fact that every action IS a transaction.

I understand the concern. However, one of the problems we’re going to have in adoptioin of safecoin is the “unseen” aspect of it. But at the core, the security of safecoin is just one aspect of the security of the data. Understanding that the whole systems is based on the same Transaction Security scheme gets us over some of those humps in understanding.

The ‘T’ is a tough one indeed. None of those quite hit it yet for me. but I’m still head scratching. I know this is getting generic, but how about Autonomous Network Technology? There is always Autonomous Network of Troon :wink: which has a real ring about it!

ANTTTTTTTTTs :wink:

During the meanwhilst…sounds a bit pythonesque this thread…so is it the People’s Front of Judea or the Judean People’s Front?

1 Like

We do spend a lot of time trying to name our baby network. It’s like we are nervous parents, trying to pick the best name to give it the best chance of success. But a name is just a name, it’s what the child does that truly defines who he/she is when they grow up. In this case, what the SAFE Network becomes over time.

A similar name debate occurred on this forum regarding “the cloud” terminology and how we should describe storing something on the SAFE Network. I believe “mist” was popular.

Should we do an ANTS acronym poll to see what most people like using?

I nominate: Autonomous Network Transfer System

@dyamanaka the name is very important IMO.

We all know the power of brands and advertising, so we should not ignore that. We can use our understanding ethically, to make appropriate unconscious associations and metaphors rather than use them to manipulate people. If we don’t think about the impact of this we risk not doing justice to Project SAFE, or worse undermining it.

So I don’t feel parental in the sense of “precious”, I want the world to “get” Project SAFE for everyone’s benefit.

I agree, which is probably why we are spending so much time on it.

Would a poll be helpful in making a decision?

This isn’t necessarily true, though. Right? Nothing is stopping me from littering the Safe Network with closed-source, ad-run sites. If it can happen, it will happen, I’d imagine. Especially since its a tested model for profit as of right now (moral stances aside).

I think this flows really well. Transfer and Trust irked me a little.

Buttttt I also like this. I think dropping the ‘S’ is a good call. I’m really digging ANT Farm and ANT Colony.

I know where you live :wink:

I’ll toss in my vote for Autonomous Network Technology. Neat, to the point, and exactly describes what we have started.

1 Like

So far, we have…

ANT
Autonomous Network Trust
Autonomous Network Transfer
Autonomous Network Technology
Autonomous Network Transaction

ANTS
Autonomous Network Trust System
Autonomous Network Transfer System
Autonomous Network Technology System
Autonomous Network Transaction System

Autonomous Network Trust Security
Autonomous Network Transfer Security
Autonomous Network Technology Security
Autonomous Network Transaction Security

Are there any other suggestions?

I’ll start a poll tomorrow 8/2/14 if there are no other suggestions.

1 Like

I’m with Wes. Count my vote for Autonomous Network Technology

So my last try would be amended to:

SAFE network