An entire telecom alliance trying to stop end-to-end web encryption

“MiddleBox” Yet another reason for ProjectSAFE

@alexstamos tweets

I had no idea that there is an entire telecom alliance trying to stop end-to-end web encryption

ATIS Open Web Alliance

3 Likes

Obviously these corporations will resort to anything thats able to maintain their profit margin in the business. Lets just toss humanity out the window while at it too.

1 Like

True.

What I don’t get is that they can’t see that they are actually HURTING themselves by doing this.

Even if they keep their margins and stay rich, what can they even buy with all that money, in such a crappy, controlled economy?

Do you know what I mean? Like, we won’t reach immortality or rejuvinating medicine, or amazing technology like virtual reality, or anything amazing without decentralized resources.

We hold ourselves back when we try to create and hoard profits. When we include others and give more people access to things, then we create solutions to all of our problems faster.

That is why we need SAFE, imho

I had no idea that there is an entire telecom alliance trying to stop end-to-end web encryption

They’re not trying to stop anything. Did anyone who commented actually read the presentation?
They’re trying to replace, not stop, HTTPS.
If you want to keep using HTTPS, it’s a choice that every site and user need to make. If a site owner wants to abandon HTTPS, that’s his own business.

1 Like