Amazon is on fire

Anybody been following this or have an idea the impact? I always remember hearing the Amazon jungle was the lungs of the worlds. I’m guessing it might have been a stretch, but still some type of impact will be felt on the area, right???

1 Like

The fewer trees that there are the more CO2 stays in the atmosphere. So generally it will hasten climate change.

Old world forests are very important, not many of them left, some in Canada, Central Africa as well. It’s not just a matter of CO2 its erosion. It won’t just change the local ecosystem it will change the ecosystem of nearby water life and the Pantanal wetlands. But worst of all it will effect the farming capacity of the entire region mostly Brazil but everything surrounding the area as well. Every nation in the world is one bad harvest away from mass starvation.

3 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like

No matter what the agenda is, it is indeed very important to treat all issues in a truthful and scientific manner. The end does not justify the means, in this case lying.

And of course another nice resource is Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Amazon_rainforest_wildfires

I think it is good that more attention is being paid to subjects like these. It is not because the current fires are a bit exaggerated that there is no problem, especially in the longer term.

2 Likes