Outdated: Alpha 2 Community Websites, Apps & SAFE Messaging IDs

For the email app, there were just the desktop and mobile versions provided by MaidSafe AFAIK.

Any idea where I can find the desktop email app? I have been searching but the only thing I can fine is the Safe Mail Tutorial app which may or may not work as It has no way of checking (it doesn’t seem to be a tutorial either)

Just copied a bootstrap example site to the Safe network for a quick test. Didn’t expect it to run immediately, but hey it works for 95% :slight_smile:

safe://blackbox.nevel/

(Warning: it will open your internet browser for looking up some resources on the internet, I just copied it and didnt modify anything)

I think the safe browser / peruse browse should popup and say,

"This safe site would like to contact the clear net to download the following, do you agree

[YES] [NO]

"

I don’t think safe sites should be allowed to query the old internet without permission.

3 Likes

JAMS Alpha 2 Demo

15 Likes

A-Z LISTED

Numeric
safe://2048.play
A
safe://alethopedia.xro
B
safe://biblio.hlmencken
safe://blackbox.nevel
safe://blog.safe-examples
C
safe://chaty
safe://checklists
D
safe://davidspeaks
safe://dir.yvette
E
safe://elvis
safe://esperango.xro
safe://eye.eye
F
safe://fear.knot
safe://feedy
safe://folatt.xro
safe://folattsideology.xro
safe://freedom.mcjazz
G
H
safe://heaven
I
J
safe://jams.demo/
safe://jamz.audity
KL
safe://listy
safe://litewrite
safe://litewrite4
M
safe://maidsafe
safe://mind2chat
safe://mind/chat
safe://myfd.rsports
N
safe://net.whitey
O
safe://oceanism.xro
safe://optomoon.draw
P
safe://photos.bittog9
safe://polpolrene
Q
safe://qforex
safe://qw2
R
safe://rene
safe://rsports
safe://run.bullrun
S
safe://safe-examples
safe://safefaucet.wow
safe://safefs.webapp
safe://safewallet.wow
safe://sampleslideshow.drehb
safe://sampleslideshow.drehb/generateSlides/howToGenerate.html
safe://sharedmap
safe://simple-forum
T
safe://taoteching.laozi
safe://taoteching.laozi
safe://tetris
safe://the.odyssey
safe://the.teapot
safe://thewall
safe://todo
U
V
safe://vidy
W
safe://wall.knot
safe://wallet.decorum
safe://warped
safe://web.phideas
safe://webapi.playground
safe://website.tutorial
safe://website.tutorial
safe://www.zero
X
Y
safe://yvette
Z
safe://zork.jico version

18 Likes

This would make a great SAFE website with a catchy address. We used to have Yvette but in not sure she is still maintained?

4 Likes

Thankfully Yvette is still there, not sure if she will be able to clean up the old list and update it with any new info though…

I have a few kindergarten level pages in hiding, but people will only find them if they read the forums for easter eggs. I’m only human, so I’m hoping that I will be able to finally make something worth sharing when I try SafeCMS :wink:

6 Likes

a job for @Shane I qould think using his new cms app?

safe://gamer.password/

Edit: Not my website, bit am putting gamerbits website here for visibility.

6 Likes

OMFG Thank you for this XD

2 Likes
  • ID: zc456 - it was tomiscw but, well, things kinda got screwed up.
  • Website(s): sandbox.tpw
1 Like

Maybe I missed it, but how does one obtain such a simple domain name (e.g. safe://vidy). So without a subdomain/extension? Thanks!

1 Like

You choose ‘www’ as service (website), so e.g. safe://vidy = safe://www.vidy

7 Likes

Thank you for the quick reply! Great :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Mind sending me a message covering everything with regards to this? I want to implement it as a safecms feature. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s more a question for @joshuef and his collegues I think: developer of Peruse (and original developer of SAFE Browser).
I think they used this convention, because it was already there in the browser code they started with or something like that.
http://www… → http://…, so also safe://www… → safe://…

4 Likes

The SAFE API Overview goes into detail of this in the DNS section and in the SAFE Browser explainer in the Mechanics of SAFE Applications and Websites section, but is really just shorthand for writing SAFE URLs.

5 Likes

@Shane, what info are you looking for exactly?

(If you want to see where the www default is set, you can see over here in webFetch; if not, let me know!)

4 Likes

I was misunderstanding - the safecms actually already supports www sub domains obviously, I just didn’t realise it was that simple. Just needs a prompt to tell they user they can do that.

7 Likes