Almost 6 million Maidsafe stuck in masterXchange

Very sad to hear this. I have a small balance on there as well.

Sounds like they’re scamming now because:

• 1 week ago they told me via support email that XCP assets can’t be withdrawn, but only XCP when apparently it’s everything
  • they haven’t prevented deposits
  • they haven’t emailed users to warn them that withdrawals are broken

The only explanation for this behaviour I can think of is that they’re planning to run off with people’s balances.

Very annoying, and I hope there’s another explanation, but not warning users that they can’t withdraw is inexcusable if it’s a technical error, and par for the course if it’s a scam.

Edit: yeah, this is worded too strongly & it seems that there’s evidence that MaidSafeCoin and Bitcoin withdrawals are fine, but there is a problem with XCP asset withdrawals, which they’re working hard to fix. Hope they get it sorted soon & figure out ways to improve communication of future issues.

Has anyone else verified this? Or is the OP the only one having difficulty withdrawing? MasterXchange makes money through trades and withdrawals…so not accepting withdrawals is a bit worrying - if it is true.

I do have buy orders on the exchange and they are going through as the price goes down - so trades are happening. Is there a how-to somewhere on withdrawing from the exchange - I’ve considered it before, but have been trusting of the exchange.

I made a withdrawal of Maidsafecoin yesterday from Masterxchange and it was processed and sent out within the 48 hour period. I’ve never had a problem with Masterxchange, it seems to be very well run.

7 Likes

To hear what?
There’s nothing but unofficial wild guesses about the reasons behind withdrawal difficulties.

Unless you’re familiar with the way their internal processes work, your guesses are completely arbitrary.

But… but… resident MasterXchange experts said …

3 Likes

I’m sad to hear that:

“exchange no have process their Maidsafe withdrawals over 100 hours.”

“Also MSC, XCP, XCP assets and BTC are stuck so we can wait everything what are there are stuck also. Support no have answer over week…” (Edit: BTC and MaidSafeCoin withdrawals are working fine)

If true, this saddens me because it indicates big problems at masterxchange. It seems it’s not just XCP assets that are being withheld, but Mastercoin assets & Bitcoin as well. This is contrary to what I’d officially heard from them a few days back.

Again, if what OP says is true & there are wider withdrawal problems & they haven’t warned users, then it’s either very bad customer service, or an indicator of potential fraud.

If they are indeed processing withdrawals & OP is making stuff up, then it’s not such a big deal, so it’s good to hear from other users that some Maid withdrawals are being processed.

Don’t you think there’s something suspicious about an exchange having withdrawal problems, but not announcing them or warning depositors?

They also don’t get in touch with people who have tried to withdraw but leave you hanging until you get in touch (which happened to me With an XCP asset). Again, this is at least poor customer service.

I don’t know anything about their internal processes, but that’s irrelevant.

I apologise for giving my non-expert opinion & bow to your snarky superiority.

I’m sorry for hurting your feelings, but you implied they may be stealing customers’ money.

Do you understand the seriousness of such statements?
In your opinion, what would be appropriate response to someone making such comments about you, your company or MaidSafe?

(I have no business interest in MasterXchange.)

Ok, fair enough, but I did give a second option: bad customer service, and gave my reasons for why it looks like scamming, assuming they’re capable of communicating with customers but choose not to.

MasterXchange does process withdrawals.

http://www.walletexplorer.com/wallet/Masterxchange.com

http://omnichest.info/lookupadd.aspx?address=1MaStErt4XsYHPwfrN9TpgdURLhHTdMenH

Also stop complaining about the customer support, they do answer question.

2 Likes

The issue I mentioned with customer support wasn’t whether they answer questions, but that they don’t tell customers that withdrawals are broken before they deposit or attempt to withdraw, so they take a trade fee on a service they can’t make good on.

Obviously you guys are very confident that there’s nothing wrong & technical issues explain it all, and I hope you’re right, but I’m surprised you don’t think they should be communicating to customers that they have issues with withdrawals (even if only XCP assets) before they deposit.

If the XCP asset withdrawals have been fixed and the OP is making up the 100 hour delay etc, then that’s great, but I hope MasterXChange learn to communicate similar issues more effectively in the future.

1 Like

Withdrawals are not broken. They do all withdrawals manually so this statement is completely false.
It takes 48 hours as they stated on the withdrawal page. If you can provide real proof they didn’t send your funds please post it here.

2 Likes

It’s not false - I waited 11 days before emailing support about an XCP asset withdrawal that was stuck, and they said themselves that they were having issues with XCP asset withdrawals. I cancelled the withdrawal.

OP says that the problems are wider (including MaidSafeCoin & Bitcoin), which I can’t verify, but if true, it is very worrying.

If it’s not true, then the only issue is/was XCP asset withdrawals & communication with customers.

I just had two MaidSafeCoin withdrawals complete less than an hour ago. They were initiated yesterday morning, I believe, so it took them less than 48 hours to fulfil.

4 Likes

Great to hear!

Has anyone other than OP had issues withdrawing anything other than XCP assets?

Also, has anyone recently had any success withdrawing XCP assets?

I have had a withdrawal request with Poloniex for around 10k+ that is stuck at “pending” for over a week. I have had a service ticket:

MAID 10k+ 2015-01-12 0 PROCESSING

Johnny Garcia
said 7 days ago
Hi Travis,

I am going to investigate this and I will be back at you as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Johnny Garcia

Ticket: http://poloniex.freshdesk.com/helpdesk/tickets/16201

Travis
said 5 days ago
Thank you for following up.

Travis

Tristan D’Agosta
said 4 days ago
Hi Travis,

Sorry about the delay. I have requeued your withdrawal.

Ticket: http://poloniex.freshdesk.com/helpdesk/tickets/16201

Travis
said 12 minutes ago
What is going on? This has been a week I want to buy more but will not with this mess going on.

Travis

Poloniex has always been slow, it’s “normal”. But they also are doing a good job, so that’s fine.
Last year when they were hacked “my part” was some 0.03 BTC and “donated” it to Poloniex.

Btw since my previous post above I also tried to withdraw a small amount from MasterXchange and my request was processed in only 4 hours.

1 Like

Okay, my problem with Poloniex was solved (Wow that was fast). I put in the wrong withdrawal address…&^^%$ I’m a dumb ass sometimes.

Sending more coin to Poloniex now.

2 Likes

Lol…can we all calm down now then please ladies…lol
Next one to start moo-ing and startling off a panic stampede, without researching and checking facts first, gets branded…lol

3 Likes

From the sounds of it, bitcoin and maidsafe withdrawals are fine, but they have been spending 3 solid days re installing the counterparty client a silly number of times to have it just constantly crash and freeze and other problems. They are working on it almost continuously and they have no security problems everything is apparently safe, which at this point there is no reason to doubt their word.

3 Likes

I know this is basically resolved but I’d just like to add that I withdrew my Maid maybe a day after this thread started and I got it within 24 hours, or at least well within 48!

5 Likes

I just received my Maid from the exchange after 24h from Request…no issues for me.