:safe: Ads in India

Hello friends,

the facebook Ad in India is going very well and the next week I plan to run an ad for one of the articles we have.

I have focused on this article for the first ad:

Does anyone can think of other articles suitable for people interested in bitcoin and etherium (Facebook allows such people to be targeted)?

:rosie:

8 Likes

What about a video? Can Facebook use that? I just put “Introduction to Maidsafe” into Google and got a few articles but they look dated.

:secretariat415:

1 Like

The video is a good idea, friend. I prefer the article because I want to attract new people to the forum. But it doesn’t stop me from testing with video as well.

:secretariat415:

1 Like

Hi Dimitar,
550 clicks/$16.9 is $0.029 per click. That makes 3 cents per click for India. That is likely expensive for that audience. We have run game ads on facebook in India a month ago. Initially we had to pay like 0.009
to 0.013 per click on image ad format. But when we introduced a video our click rate jumped to 1 click out of 20 views and price per click dropped to $0.006. Sure game ads are more likely to be clicked. But the most important factor is the design and the message it says. The more often they click the less you pay. Also facebook is perfect tool for targeting by interest. We managed to increase click rate heavily just by targeting very specific audience by interest. In addition we set up max price per click to 0.01 and we sometimes got zero clicks but later it often exploded to thousands per day. So there are time intervals when clicks are cheaper. Setting that cap on click can reduce costs significantly since you do not need them to come now, but to get them as cheap as possible over long period of time.

4 Likes

Hi friend, what you tell me is extremely interesting and useful! Thank you, I will look in detail at all the settings!

:thankyou:

3 Likes

I tried 0.01$ last 7 days and there were only 9 clicks so I raise it to 0.02 $ now. Let’s see if it will be better :dragon:

I was able to buy 60k clicks in 5 days in India under 1 cent with video ad that had conversion 1 click for 20 views. So the price is dependent on click rate. With image ad I got only few hundreds in 5 days under 1 cent. But we had above average click rate thanks to very good targeting. And we were promoting a game which generally has better click rate than anything else. Did you try to play with interests? Like target by software development, bitcoin, etc. Did you target only young males? If you narrow audience to young males only you will have better click rate. If you target developers you improve click rate… Etc…the more likely is your audience to click by interest targeting the cheaper is the ad in the end per click.

3 Likes

Good stuff mate India will be a good hub for innovation.

2 Likes

Thank you for the explanations and suggestions friend, I will test more :dragon:

1 Like

Hi Dimitar,
I had to run new campaing today. After 1st hour, I have 52 clicks for 0.31 CHF = 0.29 EURO.
I checked the interestes cathegory. So you can set Bitcoin interest, even Bitcoin has many subcathegories. Ethereum interest is also available. You can target let say Javascript, that audience has 50 millions of users. If you set India, Male, 18-50 age, Javascript you will target developers who are very likely to click and stay. If you target developers, you will bring skills and money and for sure will have higher click rate. Facebook has Video slideshow generator, so you can write text into those slides where you lure them via javascript to amazing development and investment opportunity. Videos have much higher clickrate and are shown on cheaper places, like in rewarded video ads in Facebook instant games. Video is very important for better clickrate.

3 Likes

Thank you for the detailed explanation, friend!

:thankyou:

2 Likes

I used your advice and the new ad is going well. Thank you, friend :dragon:

3 Likes

HI Dimitar,
before you uploaded cost per click. Now your metrics is cost per engagement. Engagement is clicks, shares, likes together no? What is current cost per click? If click = engagement that would mean your costs are now 1/10 of what you paid before. That seems to me too much, lol :slight_smile:

Yes, my strategy right now is to attract people to the SAFE Facebook page. I have found that it is much cheaper to keep people in their ecosystem. It doesn’t matter to us where people get information about SAFE. What is important is that as many people as possible find the project.

2 Likes

The problem with facebook page is, that when you fill there new information, only small fraction of your users will be noticed with new posts. You will have to pay again for that. So if your page does not convert them immediatelly long term value of those people will be very small.

1 Like

I know this. No problem targeting the same people over and over again. And this is exactly what I plan to do when we gathered 1000 likes on the page, I will target only these 1000 people and we will see how many of them will join the community. At the moment I only test, when there is money for advertising I want to have a well-established and working scheme for attracting new people.

1 Like

OK, did you use Video Ads? $0.003 seems very good. Even games do not achieve this price. Maybe that targeting by audience works much better than expected.

You have 30% engagement, that is HUGE! Our games had 1 click for 20 ads shown. That was avesome too, but your targeting is way better.

No video ad, just a post to the forum:

Than this is a perfect interest and gender targeting:)