[accused of EXIT SCAM] Altilly Crypto Exchange - list MAID

I wrote to them, the contact is in discord

2 Likes

Hello My name is Charles Naughton, I am the customer service and listing manager for Altilly Exchange

27 Likes

Welcome! :blush:

9 Likes

Hi Charles,

As noted a few post up, I made a deposit 7 hours ago and the funds have not yet shown up, do you have any info on what the issue is?

4 Likes

Welcome Charles,
Who was the idea to add MAID on yours exchange ?

It is 100% work from @Sotros25 and @Birdinc1 :love:

2 Likes

Great seeing community effort lead to a new exchange. MaidSafe working with our community and delivering on honest exchanges that don’t do all the BS listing fees is what MAID needs.

1 Like

I raised some concerns in the other thread.
I’m fairly sure this guy wasn’t listed as working there.
Now the about us page is being updated so doesn’t even show.

All I can say is, careful with your funds folks.

3 Likes

I can confirm that he is not registered in the forum with a company email…

3 Likes

For what it’s worth, in early December, @Birdinc1 mentioned him as his primary contact at the exchange.

1 Like

Let’s not forget the original contact , the one I mentioned in the other thread, whose bct acc still links to altilly is the one promoting the wash bot.

I’m steering clear, just making others aware of potential issues.

I hope its all legit, but I’ve become a slight pessimist over time.

In the crypto, it is not wrong to be pessimistic. Here are the best scammers that our species has to offer.

:lol:

Do we even really know birdinc ?
Last seen 1 day ago here but didn’t answer your Q about any prior knowledge of the wash bot.
Edit.
I’ve no reason to think birdinc isn’t legit, I do however question how far his due diligence goes.

1 Like

My default mode is skeptical. Tweets from @maidsafe and @safenetwork that broadcasted the Altilly listing also cautioned people to be careful as well. We should continue to push for additional exchange listings. Funding and relationships are the key bottlenecks.

5 Likes

I very much hope someone checked and knows the identity of birdinc, if not then that would be a terrible mistake. It should be 101 to check identity, if not then it would be very bad.

I very much hope @Sotros25 or someone at Maidsafe checked identity and verified background.

1 Like

Now I could be entirely wrong here, but I think swisspvtbanker introduced us to birdinc, but I have no recollection of why I think that.

I think you are wrong, birdinc has been in the forum since 2014…

2 Likes

I’m guessing i thought that as birdinc says he talks to exchanges etc .
Yes, I was wrong.
Anyhow, I dont feel he did his due diligence researching this exchange.
Just personal opinion.
Took me all of half hour looking online to decide I wouldn’t put money there.

1 Like

And I wouldn’t put money in there, we have a very bad history with the exchanges. But to be honest, I don’t keep money in Bitrex either. When I buy for myself, I try to be at risk for as little time as possible…

He said he’d been in talks with this exchange for several months. Let’s see what light @Charles_Naughton can shed on Savage’s delayed deposit.

3 Likes