Accidentally deposited Bitcoin to Maidsafecoin address on Poloniex

Hello

I accidentally deposited Bitcoin from my Coinbase wallet to my Maidsafecoin deposit address on Poloniex. Subsequently, no Bitcoin deposit is shown.

I already submitted a ticket. Is this hard to fix?

Should I contact Coinbase too, or can this be fixed on Poloniex end?

I believe this can be fixed by Poloniex. There was someone else on this forum who had the same problem and Poloniex helped him getting his coins back.

5 Likes

how did it work out? did you get your money back?

Yes. It worked out fine. I just had to send them the transfer record from CoinBase.

4 Likes

I did something similar at Poloniex.

Good to know they are honest!

Good to know!!! Hope it works.

Poloniex has unfortunately reduced their willingness to help out. They state that funds will be lost.

If its a small amount then good luck. If large then I think they now will help for a fee since it costs them to do this for you.

All you can so is wait for a response and I gather it will be a low priority ticket because of its nature.

They will need the transaction ID at the very least and they will tell you what else IF they decide to help. Again the amount will be a factor since if it costs them more than what you transferred then I doubt they will help.

Thanks for your help.
Do you know any other way to recovery the amount?
Or is it a thing that depends exclusively on Poloniex?

Just quickly to add, I did a similar thing back in September (but was from Blockchain.info wallet to Poloniex, just wasn’t concentrating on what I was doing) and had about a week wait until I received a response. Was about $1k in total. Poloniex were pretty firm in their email about it being my responsibility but were courteous enough to return it as it was in their words my first offence.

Fyi I included the transaction ID details to them and that was sufficient at the time to have the funds returned. Not sure what their doing lately and I would probably lean towards Neo being up to speed, just may be a case of spamming with multiple support tix over the course of a couple of weeks and see how you go. GL :+1:

1 Like

Thanks a lot!!! I hope everything will be ok.

No, they are the ones with the private keys

1 Like

I recently did something very stupid as well… I transferred some BCH to a BTC address on Poloniex. I’ve opened a ticket with them so fingers crossed. It was just under $1000 worth though so I’m not holding my breath.

Now it happened to me. I have transferred ETH to an ETC address. Unfortunately Qryptos is not willing to help me so far. I have offered them a 50% fee. Will see what they say.

After 6 months, finally Poloniex solved my problem. :slight_smile:
I got all my altcoins back with out charges or fees.

10 Likes

Lucky you! I’m still waiting on a reply :frowning:

Oh wow, good to know at least. I have something open about that long, too, but for MAID transferred to BTC address.

Hi audity31,

Thanks for reaching out!

Poloniex does not offer a token/coin recovery service because the process to recover tokens is extremely complicated and may result in significant cost, time, and risk. To avoid this situation in the future, please take extra caution when depositing funds to make sure the coins match the wallet you are depositing to.

If you have any other questions about your account, let us know and we will be happy to help!

Best,
Poloniex Support Team

NEVERMIND

1 Like

Extremely complicated, even though you have a ticket support template dedicated for that kind of thing. Even though it’s actually not that complicated. If you want complicated, try developing a proper decentralized internet.
(April19th was the above post. Just searched through my e-mail.)

1 Like

I just checked my ticket status today and the ticket has entirely disappeared! Not even an email apology.

They closed my ticket without saying anything a month or so ago. So 20 days ago I opened the same ticket back up. 15 days ago they sent the response in the ticket itself, and my e-mail picked it up as well.

My lost MAID is literally… right here rofl: Omni Explorer - The block explorer for Omni Token, Tether, USDT, MaidSafe and Omni Layer Tokens / Cryptocurrencies

2,400 MAID gone from my possession forever, just like that. Even though it’s right there.
Will keep an eye on this address…

“SO COMPLICATED”

I could probably literally send some extra BTC to the address I have linked above, just so they don’t have to worry about a miner fee.

So they help some people out and not others. Maybe I should send all of my MAID to that address and see if they change their mind just because of the sheer larger amount :wink: