Blocking issue IMO.
I see 2 solutions that allow continued maids trading during the conversion process:
The network implements the omni protocol. The cons are:
- bitcoin protocol must be added to safe code
- every vault must also be a bitcoin node (or must trust another bitcoin node)
- a global trigger must be implemented in the network to allow the conversion (when a test network is deemed good enough to become the final safenetwork).
Maidsafe foundation does the conversion manually (receives maids, burns them and transfers corresponding safecoins). The cons are:
- it is a centralized solution
- heavy work for someone at Maidsafe
The latter has my preference because safenetwork wouldn’t include any code related to this one-time conversion.
I don’t see how this would solve the issue because you still have the problematic snapshot.