A practical approach to exchange listings

We are having a breakout and we are not in a downtrend.

1 Like

Without getting too drawn into TA that trend lend you have used to illustrate the downtrend looks somewhat off.

I believe you got my point!

Whether they execute on those trades or not, does it make a material difference? That is, the likes of hitbtc are providing liquidity, whether they buy/sell or not.

1 Like

Since the ICO, MAID has probably done about half as well as bitcoin. Not too shabby.

The price is currently about 40% down from USD ATH. Sia is near 75% down and Nano nearly 85% down. Not too shabby either.

MAID to BTC seems to have found a floor and is now building on it. I suspect we will see new USD ATH in the coming months. Decent enough, Iā€™d say.

Generous community donations and a new test net on the horizon. There seems to be plenty to be happy about from my perspective.

10 Likes

Iā€™d say so. Executing trades sets the current price of the asset, so if it is done through wash trading the price is artificial. Market making doesnā€™t execute trades, it just finds the price at which people are willing to trade.

2 Likes

Exactly. Thank you for your succinct explanation.

Itā€™s at times like this when I wish there was a large body of people with expertise in financial markets on this forum.

3 Likes

I get that, but surely the price has to reflect reality at some point? If the price is too high, real sellers will drive it back down again. The reverse would also be true. If there is a separate exchange to arbitrage, even more so.

While there may be more scope to manipulate the price in the short term, they are still adding liquidity.

Another thing that puzzles me is, high volatility should attract traders. When you get price spikes like we are seeing routinely on bittrex, there are huge opportunities for day traders to make big profits. In turn, this should provide the liquidity many seem to crave.

I even found myself doing some ā€˜tradingā€™ last week. I wanted to cash some MAID in before the end of the tax year and put some speculative sells above the market price in. Half of them landed a buyer and then the price fell back the following day, so I bought back in and made about 25% more MAID.

If it is that easy, where are the traders? In fact, why arenā€™t more folks here doing it? It would seem pretty profitable for those willing to play the spreads. They would also be providing liquidity and helping the market too.

But sure, if you can find folks willing to donate to a market makers fund, great. Iā€™m not sure it will have the effect desired, but Iā€™m no financial markets expert.

Sounds a lot like market making :slight_smile:
It seems to me MAIDā€™s general problem is too large a spread between the bids of the general public and the asks of the long term holders.

1 Like

But why is this?
IMO if we were priced at $2 holders would sell, adding liquidity, traders would re engage adding liquidity.
Paying a market maker is costly, and will stop us reaching that pivot point as fast.

2 Likes

Americans wonā€™t be able to participate and Bittrex global is the only 1 of the 2 exchanges that is considered trustworthy to most. So not sure how true or effective that will be. Not saying it wouldnā€™t help either though.

2 Likes

If things didnā€™t improve at around that price I would certainly consider re evaluating my opinion, but having waited many years to reach that kinda price and take some profit it would feel like a let down to have huge liquidity added at a very low price point, especially when that liquidity doesnā€™t guarantee exchanges.
We need a working product IMO.

5 Likes

That was going to be my answer as well

2 Likes

The XRPL has a built in DEX that you can offer issuance tokens on. I run my own market making software on the XRPL trading between different tokens; fees are pretty minimal.
Itā€™s no silver bullet but I wouldnā€™t mind looking into creating a bridge for MAID onto the XRPL and running my liquidity software on it ā€“ Assuming you guys think itā€™s a good idea; lmk.

Full disclaimer: Iā€™ve been writing software for XRPL for about 3 years now but know very little about MAID. I sort of stumbled across this forum by accident just recently so I hope Iā€™m not poking my head where I shouldnā€™t be.

4 Likes

@DeusNexus What do you think of @Michael_Brown 's offer? Would it make your ERC20 project possible.

Thanks for the heads up Michael. We are grateful for the input.

2 Likes

Thanks for stopping in.
I guess one main concern anyone would have is, how could we know any maid that was transferred over was secure ?

4 Likes

Heyy again,

Sorry for late response, itā€™s been a while since Iā€™ve checked in and didnā€™t have any notifications set up so I totally got caught up with other ā€˜happeningsā€™. I just set up notifications for the future.

I wonā€™t pretend to claim I have the solution to that problem, but Iā€™m open to working out a solution. The first thing that comes to mind is something along the lines of a decentralized multi-sig, so funds wouldnā€™t be able to move unless some consensus was reached between keyholders. (Something like, Iā€™d have a key and at least two other members of this group also do and it would take 2/3 keys to unlock tokens).

Iā€™m also sure simpler/better solutions exist ā€“ It just all boils down to details.
Iā€™ll bounce the idea around in my head a bit and ping back with any insights.
Let me know if you have any ideas yourself.

Regards.

4 Likes

This is the path we want to go down for the CELF (Community Exchange Listing Fund). Do you know of any multisig solutions other than Electrum + Trezor?

1 Like

For Bitcoin the go to solution is Specter. Which coins are you talking about? Also MAID?