A path to decentralized computing on SAFE

What I would like to see is the ability to continously run a decentralized service, as real-time as possible.

Just like we can now create our own types of StructuredData, I would like to be able to design my own type of vault persona, one specifically to run my service on SAFE. Running such a persona would naturally be optional for vaults. Those vaults that choose to run this persona would form their own mini DHT on top of SAFE’s base DHT (using the identities of the base DHT). A client that wishes to use the service should be able to connect to a close group on this mini DHT. This close group is then responsible for handling the client’s interaction with the service.

It might be possible to create a standard reward algorithm for running such persona’s, based on the amount of resources used. Alternatively, the reward mechanism could be part of the custom persona design.

Actually, I have a question. What is the difference between smart contracts and decentralized computing? :blush: It seems to me the smart contract is a particular method to achieve decentralized computing?

1 Like