5G -- Speed won't be a problem in the future

This looks promissing, crazy speeds

There is a need to bring “end-to-end latency down to below one millisecond”

that would open for sure open mobile nodes to the SAFE network :smile:

1 Like

“5G will, no doubt, provide a high speed Internet connectivity that would be really a great news for all, but that would be a distinction for cyber criminals as well. In Future, by leveraging 5G technology, it would be very easy for hac 5G will, no doubt, provide a high speed Internet connectivity that would be really a great news for all, but that would be a distinction for cyber criminals as well. In Future, by leveraging 5G technology, it would be very easy for hackers and cybercriminals to take down almost any website on the Internet using Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks.”

As speeds go up like this, SAFE/ANT tech will become more and more vital to prevent vulnerabilities like these.

1 Like

Combined with Artemis, that would be 1tbps for every device… :open_mouth:

What is not made clear is how this result was achieved i.e how much improvement can be attributed to the mobile device, the protocol and the transmission side.

If we can get these speeds adhoc without the carriers infrastructure it’s a nice win for sure, but even todays speeds are enough to get a good meshnet happening…it’s just the adhoc part that is lacking due to the hard coded nature of the mobile chips.

2 Likes

Yes this is 1Tpbs. That’s the speed between your device and the Telco.
In reality you will be limited by what the rest of the Telco’s cabled infrastructure can do.

Could you refer me to the specs on this please, I’d like to know what chip enables this on the mobile device.

P cell is already supposed to have sub 1ms latency. But it has a wired back haul. That at least was the stated latency in early white papers.

I just copied the same text to post. It is nice to see others who are always looking at things with a SAFE angle.

1 Like

I’ve looked @ pCell from Artemis awhile back and this is pretty amazing stuff.
Building this pCell mesh will take time and won’t be easy to get enough people on-board I can imagine.