$1 Email! is the Network Out of it's Mind?

You Scottish by any chance? :smiley:

5 Likes

So glad you didnā€™t talked about us Dutch people ;-). Weā€™re in some very negative sayings all over the world when it comes to money.

2 Likes

You are correct. This thread is confusing two things:

1. Subdividing Safecoin, which is not possible now and not planned, but could be done in the future.
  2. Paying for an amount of resource using the minimum amount of Safecoin (ie one Safecoin) and then using up the resources youā€™ve paid for, a bit here (to store this file), a bit there (to send this email) etc.

So we are talking 2) only.

2 Likes

Lolā€¦I know itā€™ could be interpreted as stereotyping, but itā€™s really not meant that wayā€¦lolā€¦ itā€™s just an English/Scottish jovial banter thingā€¦ itā€™s not something I believe. :smiley:
You see Iā€™m OK because Iā€™m English and I donā€™t think anybody can possibly say anything bad about usā€¦can they? :smiley:

4 Likes

Uhmā€¦ Then how it is possible that Poloniex exchange supports trading MaidSafeCoin up to 8 decimals? How will that be exchanged to SafeCoin later?

MaidSafeCoin (poloniex) is a placeholder token. You will have to exchange a whole number of MaidSafeCoin for a whole number of Safecoin when the time comes, so better round up your holdings! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah that makes sense then. Clever move of Poloniex, who gets all the remaining dust after the transition. MasterXchange is doing a better job, decimals-wise, lol.

Bitcoin has Satoshiā€™s and Safe Coin should have Irvineā€™s. Iā€™d have said call them Davidā€™s but not sure it thatā€™d sound as good.

One Irvine = 0.00000001 Safe Coin.

:wink:

1 Like

Better not talk to Mr Irvine like that, Iā€™ll get you

1 Like

But SafeCoin doesnā€™t have a smallest divisible unit yet, so an ā€œIrvineā€ would just be a regular SafeCoin right now lol

I suggest - one byte irvine :smiley:

1 Like

How does the Safe network monitor the real world price of the SafeCoin to adjust itself?

It doesnā€™t. Itā€™s the real world that monitor the SAFE Network and adjust the price accordingly.

3 Likes

But once I have 1 SafeCoin, how does the network know if it is worth 1 ā€œemailā€ or a billion?

your 1 safecoin worth 1MB. thatā€™s it. You send a mail it use 107 bytes and that is reduced to your 1MB.

Thatā€™s not what they said above

I know. That may be some confusion that need to be cleared up. So far as I know 1 safecoin is 1 MB.

So you are clearing up what @dirvine said?

Quote it for me please

It implies that somehow the SafeNet knows the real world value of SafeCoins.