$1 Email! is the Network Out of it's Mind?

Yup, you need to buy at least 1 pack of salt to create an account, but you don’t use all the salt at once. On your eggs in the morning, you only need a little of it :wink: So the pack of salt can be in your kitchen for months, supplying you the little you need every time. So when Safecoin goes to $2,30 the price to send an email might drop to $0,23 cents, or 0,0001 Safecoin.

8 Likes

Yes. You could send .00000001 coin as an email.

1 Like

Could I send 0.00000001 Safecoin as a tip to another Safenetwork user?

3 Likes

I thought I read somewhere that the dev team was trying to avoid subdivision of Safecoin?

Anything is possible. Remember, there are no fees. So you can send the lowest common dominator to someone.

1 Like

Source

This is incorrect, SafeCoin is not like Bitcoin and all. SafeCoin can
divide far more than that in theory, but it has to be explicitly
enabled in the code. This is because unlike a Bitcoin, a SafeCoin is an
actual data entity. Bitcoins are just balances of addresses on a
blockchain. A SafeCoin is a data entity (object) that has an owner field
which contains one or more public key of the owner(s) of the data
entity. It has to be recorded in the SafeCoin itself that it is divided
into parts. This creates extra overhead, potentially a lot, so the
current plan is to only enable divisibility when the SafeCoin market
price warrants it. This is no obstacle to your concept though, because
virtually unlimited asset tokens like SafeCoins can be created for
whatever purposes we want.

2 Likes

Not for a long time I hope. We could subdivide forever given the resources, but at some time it’s got to make things harder for humans to understand an X point decimal system :smiley: We really don’t need it for now I don’t think. IF the price goes wild then that may change, but we will see, many services can do what the network will do and use parts of safecoin without actually having to transmit subdivisions.

We will always want more though, won’t we, us pesky humans strike again. For sure there will be RFC’s before then, it’s a big issue to alter the number of safecoin parts.

4 Likes

Given infinity and infinite resources :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thank you for the clarification. Now stop slacking and get back to work, the world is not going to save itself :slight_smile:

3 Likes

could always add a 0 to the total safecoin lol

Agreed :wink: I am off again :smiley:

5 Likes

Them theres fight’n words :smile:

Edit: we could always let the federal reserve maintain the Safecoin supply ROTFL!!!

3 Likes

You Scottish by any chance? :smiley:

5 Likes

So glad you didn’t talked about us Dutch people ;-). We’re in some very negative sayings all over the world when it comes to money.

2 Likes

You are correct. This thread is confusing two things:

1. Subdividing Safecoin, which is not possible now and not planned, but could be done in the future.
  2. Paying for an amount of resource using the minimum amount of Safecoin (ie one Safecoin) and then using up the resources you’ve paid for, a bit here (to store this file), a bit there (to send this email) etc.

So we are talking 2) only.

2 Likes

Lol…I know it’ could be interpreted as stereotyping, but it’s really not meant that way…lol… it’s just an English/Scottish jovial banter thing… it’s not something I believe. :smiley:
You see I’m OK because I’m English and I don’t think anybody can possibly say anything bad about us…can they? :smiley:

4 Likes

Uhm… Then how it is possible that Poloniex exchange supports trading MaidSafeCoin up to 8 decimals? How will that be exchanged to SafeCoin later?

https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_maid

MaidSafeCoin (poloniex) is a placeholder token. You will have to exchange a whole number of MaidSafeCoin for a whole number of Safecoin when the time comes, so better round up your holdings! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah that makes sense then. Clever move of Poloniex, who gets all the remaining dust after the transition. MasterXchange is doing a better job, decimals-wise, lol.